Kicking off Summer, in Sunset West style.
Memorial Day Weekend is here, signifying the unofficial kick-off of summer! The time of year where the kids will be found playing outside more often and weekends will be spent by the pool, on the beach, or at the lake. The sun is bright and warm and outdoor living will be an almost daily routine. Beginning this weekend summer recipes are back on the menu, from cool salads to grilling classics all paired with fruity mixed drinks. It's the season to soak it up!
Classic companions for long summer days.
The Sunset West classic collections offer outdoor styles in proportions and scale usually reserved for indoor upholstery for ultimate lounging comfort. Laguna is a crowd-pleaser that boasts a generous range of deep-seating and dining pieces in its signature teak-inspired finish, providing endless options to set the stage for outdoor entertaining and relaxation. Embodying effortlessly stylish living, Laguna is crafted with a lasting aluminum frame, and features a hand-brushed finish to mimic real driftwood - capturing a timeless style and offering the look and feel of natural wood, with minimal maintenance. Pair with coordinating Laguna occasional and dining tables, or choose to mix and match with pieces from other coordinating collections like Coronado. The opportunities are endless! See the full Laguna Collection, here.
Pictured: The Laguna Armless Club Chair in a custom Sunbrella fabric selection.
Resort style right at home.
Luxury comforts usually found at the resort can now be brought home. The Newport Collection is an architectural statement with its modern and industrial lines blended into one striking design - now brought to the Resort King Daybed, shop here. The Resort King Daybed is an eye-catching focal point for any outdoor space, poolside, garden-side, rooftop or under a canopy.
Pictured: The Newport Resort King Daybed.
Outdoor dining refresh.
Summertime offers an extended opportunity to enjoy meals and appetizers outdoors with friends and family. The Sunset West Coastal Teak Collection offers an assortment of occasional and dining tables that can accommodate any party size comfortably. Highlighting a popular choice, the 79"-118" Extension Dining Table which features a hidden butterfly-leaf extension, linked here. Teak wood, known for its durability and natural moisture-resistant oils, is an excellent choice for outdoor furniture that will stand the test of time.
Pictured: The Coastal Teak 79"-118" Extension Dining Table with Dining Bench and X Bookcase, paired with the Havana Collection Dining Chairs.
Refreshing recipes to try at home.
The Food Network is tried and true when it comes to sharing delicious easy-to-make recipes for any event, especially those that need to be outdoor friendly dishes. Read along for our top 3 suggestions on what to try at home this season! All recipes and photos gathered from The Food Network website, linked here.
Grilled Cajun Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Prepare a grill for medium heat.
- Toss the chicken wings, vegetable oil, 2 teaspoons of the Cajun seasoning, 3/4 teaspoon of the garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper in a large bowl until evenly combined.
- Brush the grill grates lightly with oil. Place the chicken wings on the grill in an even layer and cover with the lid. Cook, flipping occasionally, until well browned and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the parsley, lemon zest and juice, remaining 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in another large bowl until combined.
- Transfer the wings to the bowl with the Cajun lemon pepper seasoning and toss until evenly coated. Arrange on a large serving platter. Read full recipe page linked, here.
Charm City Corn
- Bring 2 cups water, 1 cup milk and a pinch of salt to a boil in a pot. Cut 4 ears corn into thirds; add to the pot and cook until crisp-tender, 5 minutes, then drain. In the same pot, melt 4 tablespoons butter with 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning, a dash of green hot sauce and some salt. Toss the corn in the spicy butter. Read full recipe page linked, here.
Sparkling Summer Lemonade
Thank you for reading along and we hope you enjoy the season ahead of us. Be sure to share and tag your photos with #SWstyle on Facebook and Instagram.